In 1868, soon after the Civil War, the Marcy family began serving the funeral needs of Conneaut area
residents. Willard Marcy began the business in a former blacksmith shop in East Conneaut. Willard’s son
Charles took over in 1896, and after using a variety of locations, eventually settled in the present
location at the corner of Liberty and Harbor Streets in 1918. Charles was joined by his sons, Hugh in
1911, and then Robert C. in 1933.
Robert B. Marcy joined his father Robert C. in 1960 continuing the family tradition for the fourth
generation. Bob Jr.’s daughter Kori Marcy Zappitelli became the fifth generation of Marcy funeral
directors in 2001.